DLC Ground Transportation Services, established in 1981 is one of Westchester's most successful ground transportation companies. We currently have immediate openings for full time dispatchers at our Westchester County Airport location. Select part time positions may also be available.
DLC Ground Transportation Services is committed to providing prompt, clean, courteous and reliable ground transportation services to all passengers traveling through the Westchester County Airport.
As a DLC dispatcher, you will be part of our growing team of industry professionals that continue to build on the strong foundation we have built over the last 25 years.
About the Position
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS!!
Dispatchers are the heart and soul of our organization. You will be responsible for assuring the safe, efficient, and smooth operation of both our fleet and driver staff. Dispatchers must be proactive self-starters, able to work well independently and make quick, critical decisions in a very fast-paced environment. This position will also involve receiving customer calls, handling rate inquiries, selling repeat business, taking reservations and other paperwork processing.
Due to the 24/7 nature of our business, scheduling flexibility is a must and will include nights, weekends, and holidays. Experience is a plus but we will train
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Ability to stay focused, excel & stay calm under pressure and successfully juggle an ever changing schedule of
calls per day
- Possess exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a high-end customer service oriented position is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the Tri-State area and exceptional map reading & navigation skills
- Limousine/Transportation industry experience is a plus or similar in the travel, tourism and hospitality fields
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Windows XP
- Must be detail oriented and able to learn our dispatch and reservation system
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Able to build driver rapport and effectively deal with their various personalities, motivations and scheduling needs
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving abilities as well as an understanding of the constant sense of urgency
- Must be client-driven, willing to go "above & beyond" and strive for 100% perfection in job performance
Criminal Background Check
- Health Insurance after 90 days full time employment
- One week paid vacation after 1 year of service
- Opportunities for cross training & advancement
To apply for this position, please email resume to email@example.com . You may also fax your resume to 914-761-3238.
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Motor Vehicle Record check
- Reference Check (jobs, education, personal references)